|Summary||What is an intuitive, precise model of quadcopter dynamics and control?|
|Supervisor||Walid Taha, Philippsen|
- Model validation
- Specifics: AR.Drone 2, Acumen
- Supervision: Taha, Philippsen
Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS) is an important research area that is concerned with the way in which many future innovations will involve close coupling of both communicating computational (or cyber) components as well as physical components. Universities around the world are developing courses on CPS, and high-quality case studies and model problems are very important for both the development of these educational programs and for evaluating new CPS tools. At Halmstad, Yingfu Zeng had previously developed a model of a Ping Pong playing robot, which has been used successfully for teaching three editions of the CPS course at Halmstad. The goal of this masters thesis project is to systematically develop an alternative model problem focusing on Quadrocopters, their dynamics, and their control,as well as to document the strengths and benefits of this model for both education and for evaluating CPS tools.
- Experiences with A First Course on Cyber-Physical Systems. WESE'13 pdf.
- Modeling Basic Aspects of Cyber-Physical Systems. DSLRob'12, pdf.
- Yingfu Zeng, Lightweight Three-Dimensional Visualization for Hybrid Systems Simulation, Masters thesis in Embedded and Intelligent Systems, Halmstad University, 2012. Archive includes thesis document, presentation, and Acumen models and snapshot of a Acumen.