September 5, 2015, Madrid, Spain
(A satellite event of CONCUR 2015)
TRENDS 2015 is an event organised by IFIP WG 1.8 on Concurrency Theory. It aims at bringing together researchers interested in Concurrency Theory and its applications to exchange ideas and discuss recent trends and open problems. The event will take place in the morning of September 5, 2015 and will consist of three invited talks, followed by the yearly WG 1.8 business meeting.
To be announced.
- 9:00-10:30 Invited talks 1 and 2
- 10:30-11:00 Coffee Break
- 11:00-11:45 Invited talk 3
- 11:45-12:30 IFIP WG 1.8 Business Meeting (Open to all)
- 12:30-14:00 Lunch
Participation, both to the workshop and to the IFIP WG 1.8 meeting, is open to everybody.
Ilaria Castellani (INRIA Sophia Antipolis, France)
Mohammad Mousavi (Halmstad University, Sweden)
IFIP WG 1.8 on Concurrency Theory
The aims of IFIP WG 1.8 on Concurrency Theory are:
- To develop theoretical foundations of concurrency, exploring frontiers of existing theoretical models like process algebra and process calculi, so as to obtain a deeper theoretical understanding of concurrent and parallel systems.
- To promote and coordinate the exchange of information on concurrency theory, by sharing ideas, discussing open problems, and identifying future directions of research in the area.
The activities of this WG encompass all aspects of concurrency theory and its applications.
More information on IFIP WG 1.8 can be found on its home page.
The first instalment of TRENDS (TRENDS 2012) was held on September 8, 2012 as a satellite event of CONCUR 2012, in Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.
The second instalment of TRENDS (TRENDS 2013) was held on August 31, 2013 as a satellite event of CONCUR 2013, in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
The third instalment of TRENDS (TRENDS 2014) was held on September 6, 2014 as a satellite event of CONCUR 2014, in Rome, Italy.