- Model-based testing
- Formal analysis of software product lines
- Verification of probabilistic and stochastic systems
- Modeling and verification of distributed systems
- Mahsa Varshosaz, Lars Luthmann, Malte Lochau, Mohammad Reza: Expressive Power and Encoding of Transition System Models for Software Product Lines. Submitted for journal, 2018.
- Mohammad Reza Mousavi, Mahsa Varshosaz: Telling Lies in Process Algebra. Submitted for conference, 2018.
- Mahsa Varshosaz, Mustafa Al-Hajjaji, Thomas Thüm, Tobias Runge, Mohammadreza Mousavi and Ina Schaefer: A Classification of Product Sampling for Software Product Lines. Submitted for conference, 2018.
- Nauman Bin Ali, Emelie Engstrom, Masoumeh Taromirad, Mohammad Reza Mousavi, Nasir Mehmood Minhas, Daniel Helgesson, Sebastian Kunze, Masha Varshosaz: On the search for industry-relevant regression testing research, Submitted for journal, 2018.
- Mahsa Varshosaz, Mohammad Reza Mousavi, Harsh Beohar: Basic behavioral models for software product lines: Revisited. Accepted in Science of Computer Programming Journal.
- Harsh Beohar, Mahsa Varshosaz, Mohammad Reza Mousavi: Basic behavioral models for software product lines: Expressiveness and testing pre-orders. Science of Computer Programming Journal 123: 42-60, 2016.
- Sofia Larissa da Costa Paiva, Adenilso Simão, Mahsa Varshosaz, Mohammad Reza Mousavi: Complete IOCO test cases: a case study. A-TEST@SIGSOFT FSE 2016: 38-44.
- Sebastian Kunze, Wojciech Mostowski, Mohammad Reza Mousavi, Mahsa Varshosaz: Generation of failure models through automata learning. Workshop on Automotive Systems/Software Architectures (WASA), 2016.
- Mahsa Varshosaz, Harsh Beohar, Mohammad Reza Mousavi: Delta-Oriented FSM-Based Testing. ICFEM 2015: 366-381.
- Mahsa Varshosaz, Ramtin Khosravi: Model Checking of Software Product Lines in Presence of Nondeterminism and Probabilities. APSEC (1) 2014: 63-70.
- Mahsa Varshosaz, Ramtin Khosravi: Discrete time Markov chain families: modeling and verification of probabilistic software product lines. SPLC Workshops 2013: 34-41.
- Mahsa Varshosaz, Ramtin Khosravi: Modeling and Verification of Probabilistic Actor Systems Using pRebeca. ICFEM 2012: 135-150.
- Data Security for Embedded Systems (Undergraduate course), Halmstad University.
Winter 2017, Winter 2018
- Real-Time Embedded Systems (Graduate course), Halmstad University.
Fall 2014, Fall 2016, Fall 2017
- Advanced Object-Oriented Programming (Undergraduate course), Halmstad University.
Spring 2015, Spring 2016, Spring 2017
- Formal Modeling and Verification (Graduate course), University of Tehran.
Fall 2012, Fall 2013
- Bachelor Thesis: Embedded System Design for Autonomous Drones. (As a part of 2018 Student CPS Challenge.) Halmstad University, Jan 2018-Current.
Students: Emil Johansson, Patrick Karlsson
- Master Thesis: Generating Test Adapters for ModelJunit. Halmstad University, 2017. (Co-supervised)
Student: Ardalan Hashemi Aghdam
- Bachelor Thesis: On Efficiency and Effectiveness of Model-based Test Case Generation Techniques by Applying the HIS Method: An Experimental Research. Gothenburg University, 2016. (Co-supervised)
Students: Mahsa Abbasian, Sali El Masri
Visit to TNO, Eindhoven, The Netherlands, April-June 2018
Presentations in Conferences / Workshops
ICFEM 2012, FMSPLE 2013, APSEC 2014, NWPT 2014, AVOCS 2014, ICFEM 2015, iFM PhD symposium 2016, NWPT 2016, WADT 2016, FOSD 2017, NWPT 2017
- Halmstad Testing Summer School 2014, 2015, 2017
- Marktoberdorf Summer School 2015
- Autumn School on Cyber-Physical Systems 2015
Reviewer for Journals and Conferences
- Science of Computer Programming Journal (Outstanding reviewer, September 2017), PeerJ Journal
- CILC 2013, ACSD 2014, FOR-MOVES 2014, FSEN 2015, FormaliSE 2015, Coordination 2015, FSEN 2015, TTCS 2015, ICFEM 2015, TASE 2016, ACSD 2016, SEFM 2016, ICFEM 2016, FM 2016, FSEN 2017, ICTAC 2017, ICFEM 2017, HLDVT 2017, VAMOS 2018